REFRAMING THE ELECTION - FROM DEFEAT TO EMPOWERMENT
The 2016 US presidential election was a stunning display of what can happen when people do not feel heard.
Since the election...
Many people feel terrified, confused, shocked, disempowered (or emboldened to exhibit their worst behaviors), and they are increasingly unable to speak with others who disagree with them.
- Do you know how to speak to people who don’t really understand the issues?
- Do you feel like you can’t voice your opinions with friends, co-workers or supervisors without causing a major battle?
- Do you know how to frame your discussions so you create allies, not enemies?
- Do you feel threatened or paralyzed by rapidly-unfolding events?
- Do you understand how to manage manufactured trauma and disempowerment?
- Do you know how to build a bigger, stronger consensus?
Where do we go from here?
RE-FRAMING THE ELECTION is a two-day skill-building intensive conducted by Debra Oliver, a mediator and trainer of 27 years.
The workshop offers a non-judgmental and safe space to mutually explore our relationships with one another and our vision for the surrounding world in these difficult times. This workshop provides specific tools to empower participants to succeed in having conversations with people who disagree with them.
- Skill building and practice on how better to hear and be heard
- How to listen for underlying needs
- How to understand and frame your own needs in a non-threatening manner
- Tools to help you survive the nightly news
- How to deal with “triggers,” anger and fear
- How to find and build safety and common ground
RE-FRAMING THE ELECTION specifics:
When: March 23, from 5:30PM to 7:30 PM and March 26, from 12:30PM to 6:30PM
Where: Center for Progress and Justice, 1420 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM
Cost: Suggested donation $20 per session
Pre-registration is required: Call Debra at 983-3344 or email: email@example.com