Dear Fellow New Mexican,
THIS WEEK IN BRIEF:
- Santa Fe: Vote YES on the Soda Tax that will help fund early childhood education.
- Find and attend the March For Science nearest you on Earth Day, Saturday, April 22nd.
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL:
SANTA FE SODA TAX
If you live in Santa Fe, make sure to vote YES on the establishment of a sugar-sweetened beverage tax on distributors to support early education. This is a City of Santa Fe Special Municipal Election. Early voting is open NOW through April 28th. Early voting locations are:
Office of the City Clerk, Room 215, City Hall 200 Lincoln Avenue. Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Genoveva Chavez Community Center, 3221 Rodeo Road. Tuesday - Saturday 9AM - 6PM
Or you can vote at your polling place on May 2nd. You can find your poling place HERE for the May 2nd election.
MARCH FOR SCIENCE
This Earth Day, Saturday, April 22nd, please find a march near you and march in solidarity with the March For Science in Washington DC. We march to defend and celebrate science in the face of this administrations blatant disregard for the entire field.
Here are the Marches taking place in New Mexico. Click to find out more for the event near you:
- ABQ: 2pm - 4pm. Albuquerque Civic Plaza
- LAS CRUCES: 9:45am - 11am. Plaza de Las Cruces
- SANTA FE: 10:30am - 12pm. March from the Plaza to the State Capitol
- SILVER CITY: 9am - 10:30am. Student Memorial Bldg. Patio
- SOCORRO: 12pm - 1:30pm. Fidel Center to Socorro Plaza
Thank you for all you are doing!
Amelia + Marisa